NZ Bibliophile

After realising that I had read 49 books in 2005 I resolved to read at least 52 in 2006... this is my record of that attempt. I will post the details of each book or paper I read and like minded people can make comments and/or make suggestions. A posting doesn't necessarily mean I recommend it, just that I have read it!

Monday, September 25, 2006

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Title: Fahrenheit 451
Author: Ray Bradbury
Type: Fiction
ISBN: 0-00-654606-4
Published: 1976
Comments: A great short futuristic novel about "Firemen" who are employed not to fight fires, but light to them so they can burn... Books! which are illegal. No one talks to anyone anymore and the main form of entertainment is their television sets (TV Walls). A slightly odd writing style, possibly due to having only written short stories previously, but readable all the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home